43 Canal Street

OneHolyoke Community Development Corporation was awarded $32,000 to fund the historic rehabilitation of the façade of the Flats Community Building at 43 Canal Street. 

Built in 1848, this 170 year old structure is the site of the former Portuguese American Club (1946).  Prior to this time, the building served as The White Restaurant and upon construction as factory housing. The Flats Community Building, owned by OneHolyoke CDC, is a social enterprise with a mission to advance community engagement work in the Flats community. Funds will go toward stucco repair and stucco and trim painting. 43 Canal Street is located within the Hadley Falls Company Housing Historic District and is on the National Register of Historic Places.